Most who have read previous entries of this blog know that
for me, 2019 was a hell of a year, with the emphasis on HELL. Once my cancer
treatment was well underway my daily life had changed so dramatically that I
lived hour to hour. What day it was didn’t matter.
Each day began with making sure I ate breakfast and the
daily calorie count was underway. After breakfast, a little bit of exercise followed
by a shower. Next, a trip downstairs to the family room where much of the day
was spent staring down the barrel of a life-threatening disease, clock watching
pondering what sustenance would be consumed next, a little TV, some web
browsing, more clock watching, a short walk in the yard, dinner, more TV,
reading in bed, sleep. Rinse, repeat.
Fast forward to today. Each day begins with…hmmm, never mind,
I guess not much has changed after all. Well, one thing has changed, nine months ago I was
resigned to the fact that all of my hair was going to fall out. It didn’t and now
with social distancing and businesses closed, I’m thinking I might finally get
that ponytail I always wanted when I was younger! Stay safe everyone.
So wonderful to know how you have triumphed!
ReplyDelete